KRK Rokit 7 G4 Monitors Have Audible Hiss Noise Even With No Signal
It’s a shame my KRK Rokit 7 G4 monitors have an audible hiss noise even with no signal being sent to them. If you’re a photographer you may find my Lightroom Presets handy: http://www.bjwok.com/lightroomccpresets/lightroom-cc-presets-for-music-photographers/
Make A One-Time PayPal Contribution: ➜ https://www.paypal.me/GivesAMinute
Gives A Minute Patreon: ➜ https://www.patreon.com/givesaminute
Gives A Minute Merch: ➜ https://shop.spreadshirt.com.au/givesaminute
Share this video: ➜ https://youtu.be/O6BKxsSTKX0
This is daily vlog 1333 since I began this channel in August 2015 and today between 16:52 and 16:56 I was at home in Culburra Beach explaining that it’s a shame my KRK Rokit 7 G4 monitors have an audible hiss noise even with no signal being sent to them.
Subscribe for more ➜ https://youtube.com/c/givesaminute?sub_confirmation=1
Yesterday’s Vlog: ➜ https://youtu.be/b0Qj_4aF__I
My Gear List For Vlogging:
• Vlogging Camera ➜ Panasonic Lumix GH5: http://amzn.to/2sdRT8t
• Lens ➜ Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 II: http://amzn.to/2uC8qoK
• Microphone ➜ RØDE VideoMic Pro+: http://amzn.to/2xBrcu0
• Microphone Wind Shield ➜ RØDE VMPR Deadcat Furry Wind Cover: http://amzn.to/2gdrdRI
• Cold Shoe Splitter ➜ Neewer Triple 3 Cold Shoe Mount Bracket: http://amzn.to/2BW03Wf
• On Camera Light ➜ Genaray LED-5700: http://amzn.to/2BGIJrv
• Underwater Camera 1 ➜ GoPro Hero 5 Black: http://amzn.to/2BZzCS3
• Underwater Camera 2 ➜ GoPro Hero 7 Black: https://amzn.to/2RESe2e
• Tripod ➜ JOBY Focus: http://amzn.to/2tf2LkT
• Phone Tripod ➜ JOBY GripTight: http://amzn.to/2CAIdaK
• Tablet Tripod ➜ JOBY GripTight Pro Tablet: http://amzn.to/2CSTbwr
• Drone ➜ DJI Phantom 4: http://amzn.to/2snEDMW
• Carry On Drone Bag ➜ Manfrotto MB BP-D1: http://amzn.to/2sFzQcQ
My Gear List For Live Streaming:
• Web Camera ➜ Panasonic Lumix GH5: http://amzn.to/2sdRT8t
• Web Camera Desk Mount ➜ RODE PSA1 Boom Arm: https://amzn.to/2PCgpZX
• Capture Hardware ➜ Magewell USB 3.0 HDMI: https://amzn.to/2CRJD4x
• Constant Power Supply For GH5 ➜ Gonine AC Power Adapter: https://amzn.to/2tKSEGq
• Microphone ➜ Rode Procaster: https://amzn.to/2EuFUeM
• Microphone Shock Mount ➜ Rode PSM 1 Shockmount: https://amzn.to/2CuYT6z
• Microphone Desk Mount ➜ RODE PSA1 Boom Arm: https://amzn.to/2PCgpZX
• Microphone Pre Amp ➜ CL-1 Cloudlifter: https://amzn.to/2EzejJD
• Audio Input Device ➜ Apogee Element 46: https://amzn.to/2CIc8lf
• Video Switcher ➜ Elgato Stream Deck: https://amzn.to/2CtTj4m
• Lighting ➜ Genaray LED-5700: http://amzn.to/2BGIJrv
• Lighting Mount ➜ JOBY GripTight Pro Tablet: http://amzn.to/2CSTbwr
• Display For Live Chat ➜ Samsung LN32B360 32-Inch HDTV: https://amzn.to/2PIsygj
• Cable Between iMac and Chat TV ➜ AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable: https://amzn.to/2pW3vLo
My Gear List For Stills Photography:
• Main Camera ➜ Canon 1DX: http://amzn.to/2vmqWiq (this is the Mark II, I’m using the Mark I)
• Backup Camera ➜ Canon 5D: http://amzn.to/2ubx9h3 (yes, I still shoot on the 5D “classic”)
• Long Lense ➜ Canon 70-200 f/2.8 II: http://amzn.to/2udOAiE
• Portrait Lense ➜ Canon 24-70 f/2.8 II: http://amzn.to/2ubDKbe
• Wide Lense ➜ Canon 16-35 f/2.8 II: http://amzn.to/2gMOWrx
• Fisheye Lense ➜ Canon 15mm f/2.8: http://amzn.to/2tibx0Z
• Speedlite ➜ Canon 600EX-RT: http://amzn.to/2gMShHh
• Speedlite Transmitter ➜ Canon ST-E3-RT: http://amzn.to/2ubK7v4
• Location Lighting Power ➜ Elinchrom Ranger RX Speed AS: http://amzn.to/2vmp2hI
• Location Lighting ➜ Elinchrom Ranger S Head: http://amzn.to/2vm9iez
• Diffuser ➜ Elinchrom Rotalux Deep Octabox 100cm: http://amzn.to/2uBZTlA
Gives A Minute On Kit: https://kit.com/GivesAMinute
Gives A Minute Amazon Influencer Page: https://www.amazon.com/shop/givesaminute
This is my take on the daily vlog concept.
Everyday I upload a 4 minute vlog, shot 4 minutes after the day before.
There’s no editing, no re-takes and no music over-dubs and they always finish right on the 4 minute mark, no exceptions.
When I shutdown my computer, all my active speakers will hiss like a rattlesnake wtf!
those are sweet monitors
I have the exact same problem
Ah OK I see it to late in your video
This topic has been discussed on gearslutz.com as well, it exists with both the KRK Rokit G4’S and the KRK V Series 4 monitors which both use Class D amplifiers, and the hissing is the same if nothing is plugged into them. The original discussion blamed the DSP’s being used but that couldn’t account for the louder hissing coming from a more powerful monitor (7’s vs 5’s) the one thing everyone agreed on is that there’s no fix for it.
I dont know if you’re still having the issue but I used to own the previous generation and was super annoyed about the buzz until i figured it was interference coming from my wire being too close to a plug socket. When I moved house the sound stopped and thats how I figured it out
I think if you used a distraction technique that would surely relieve the excess frustration caused by noisy monitors, might I suggest half a dozen or so beauty pageant contestants dressed in bikinis and high heels tickling each other, I would consider this a tasteful and appropriate method of distraction….others may disagree with me.
That’s why I chose the RP5s instead.
Have you ever fixed it? I recently bought one and I am so infuriated by it.
Annoying, but unlikely to cause mass hissteria..
Wow . Good set up. You need what I had in my old computer sub . Makes nice sound . I hope when I am able I can use the old sound system I have
I would try running them through a power conditioner. Also did you tune them?
Here is something that will fix it. Just lower the volume on the monitors by lets say -10dB (my setting), and increase the output volume on your Audio Interface. For me with the -10dB it is barely noticeable (only if I get really close).
1. Class D amplifiers hiss.
2. Check if you have a wifi router in close proximity; usually they interfere with the signal.
3. Move that power extension board away from the speakers!
4. Active speakers tend to pick up electromagnetic fields from power cables, routers, etc. If you crank them up to max volume it will be audible. Once I put my lsr305s on max volume and they were picking up my GPU coil whine.
XLR to XLR cabel?